Our darling Mackenna Grace has been rolling from her back-to-belly since she was only 3 1/2 months old. I've been expecting for her belly-to-back roll to make it's presence but it just hasn't been happening. Well... it's appeared... sort of! This morning she heard my voice when I came to get her out of her crib and she accidently rolled over. I thought, "Hmmm... I wonder if I can get her to accidently roll over enough that she'll just get some muscle memory and do it on her own." So we practiced a lot today! With the help of "Barry the Bluebird" I was able to tempt her by dangling "Barry" over her head and then...ooops... she'd accidently roll over.
We'll practice again tomorrow... hopefully she'll be doing it on her own by the end of the week. She's also pretty close to rolling from back-to-belly on her right side. Usually she just rolls to her left to get onto her belly. She must be getting stronger! I'm glad because she is so fussy lately. I think she's frusterated because her mind wants to do more than her body is capable of... bring on the mobility! I know, I know... once she's crawling I will miss theses days.... but right now... I am still looking forward to seeing her crawl around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment