"The LORD God said, 'It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.' ... Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man." Genesis 2:18,22

Thursday, September 23, 2010

"The Great Baby Clean-up"

Today I had to stop by Dustin's work to make some copies and get our home mortgage application ready to be sent back to the bank. While we were there, Mackenna got hungry. While she was eating, she filled her pants. And, her diaper leaked... BIG time! So, I scrounged around in my diaper bag, got her changing pad out, got the wipes out, felt around for a diaper... felt around some more... dug in some pockets... NO DIAPER! Yikes! I had a package of size 1 diapers in the car (Mackenna wears size 2)... So, Dustin, so graciously offered to go out and get a diaper while I began the "Great Baby Clean-up." While very carefully removing Mackenna's onesie, I grabbed the wipes to begin cleaning her off and discovered... that was the last wipe! Double YIKES! Dustin brought in the diaper and I just looked at him and said, "I'm outta wipes!" Luckily I keep my car fully stocked with Wet Ones... they were better than paper towels. So, long story short... Mackenna cleaned up nicely... small diaper and all... and I learned, once again, to always check and make sure my diaper bag is fully loaded. :-) I love being a mommy! Even on the "poopy" days!

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that! I've forgotten diapers and been in indy and had to buy more... or wipes... Totally not up on this "checking the diaper bag" When I do, I am stocked, when I don't I've just used my last diaper... :-)

    ReplyDelete