A motherly instinct is developed early in a little girl's heart.
In a pinch, a dryer sheet works quite well for a baby doll's blanket.
You are never to young to be "dolled up" with a smidgen of lip gloss.
A daughter's heart belongs to her daddy... forever.
Trucks, cars, and balls are not "boy" toys.
There's nothing as exciting as Daddy coming home.
There is always time to read. I have not once regretted letting Mackenna jump into my lap with a book and enjoying the story with her.
I throw just as many temper tantrums as my daughter, I just have slightly more self-control so they aren't as obvious.
Switching laundry, dusting, and emptying the dishwasher can be fun when my little helper is with me!
Just because there was no nap to be had doesn't mean the day is ruined. Sometimes the no-nap days are the most special because we end up snuggling up on the couch with a sippy cup of milk watching "Elmo" (aka Sesame Street).
Laughter is the best medicine and boy, do I have a little girl that likes to make her mommy laugh!
Dipping sauces make meal times more fun... and messy!
If I clap or cheer once, I better be ready to clap and cheer every time she does whatever it is I clapped and cheered for!
Just because she says, "OBEY!" with a smile and giggle doesn't mean she is actually excited about obeying. But, we're getting there!
It's the simple things in life that bring the most joy. Puppies, butterflies, flowers, and the wind sweeping across her face bring a bigger smile and wider eyes than any new toy ever would. Hands down!
And most importantly, love grows. Love grows every day. Little by little it grows. And some days your heart is so full that tears well up in your eyes and you find yourself in awe that God loves us even more than we could ever love our own children. And you marvel at the fact that He would willingingly send His Son, whom He loves more than we love our own children, to suffer and die for such wicked sinners as ourselves. And you are humbled, speechless, and overwhelmed with thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment