From time to time I like to reflect on whether or not my life is a picture of God's redemptive power. Often times I find that I fall ashamedly short. God has been using that time of reflection to help motivate me to make changes to better glorify Him. And so, I've compiled a list of small changes that I would like to make in my life. I think these changes will please God and help me find my joy in Him and my salvation rather than the things of this earth. Some of these will be easier than others. All of them will require me to depend on God's grace and strength to help me change my natural way of thinking and doing. I am SO thankful that I can know, without a doubt, that God stands ready to help me become more holy. What an amazingly patient, loving, and wise Father!
More time in God's Word and in communication with Him... Less time doing whatever I feel like doing.
More exercise & activity... Less laziness.
More respect & love towards my husband... Less of a critical attitude.
More time reading to and playing with Mackenna... Less "me" time.
More thoughts focused on Christ & others... Less concern for myself.
More thankfulness... Less complaining.
More cooking healthy meals at home... Less eating out.
More giving and saving... Less spending.
More reading... Less T.V.
More early bedtimes & early wake-ups... Less late nights and snooze button mornings.
More of God... Less of me.
No comments:
Post a Comment