"The LORD God said, 'It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.' ... Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man." Genesis 2:18,22

Friday, July 1, 2011

Sleep, Anyone?

There has been little sleep going on this week in the Folden household. Wednesday evening, Dustin and I painted our kitchen and two walls in our living room. What I foolishly thought would take two hours ended up taking close to five! When we finished painting at midnight we were starving and had to have a snack and unwind. So we got to bed close to 1:00 AM but I slept like a rock!

Thursday night, one molar and one incisor tooth are to blame for a second sleepless night. I fell to sleep around 9:30 (on the couch while watching a movie with Dustin). After being woken up and settling back to sleep in bed, Mackenna awoke at 12:30 AM with what I can only guess was tooth pain. Her gums have been really swollen this week and I can almost feel the teeth... come on, already! From 12:30 AM to 2:30 AM there were a few thirty minute increments of sleep, but nothing truly restfull. Combine that with a mind full of thoughts and I am awake. I am exhausted, my eyelids are heavy, but I am awake. And I am planning to stay awake instead of tossing and turning in bed wondering why I can't fall to sleep. It's Friday. Maybe I can talk Dustin into letting me sleep in a bit tomorrow. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment