Over the past week, Mackenna's appetite has changed from almost non-existent to hungry every three hours! Since we've introduced table foods, she's actually excited about eating! The only time she eats "baby" food now is in the morning. She has pureed fruit with oatmeal for breakfast. Then for lunch, she's loving fresh steamed veggies. Yes, that's right, I said veggies. This week she has carrots, zucchini, and celery. On Tuesday I steamed up enough for the week. I put a bay leaf and fresh chopped garlic in the steaming water. I read somewhere that babies enjoy the flavor of garlic. She still doesn't eat a lot at each meal, but she's eating each meal... huge progress! Last night for supper, she enjoyed some Tortellini & Spinach Soup with us. And of course, some garlic bread. She ate up navy beans, spinach, and tortellini. It's so exciting to see her enjoying her food. We've been very careful to not force her to eat or to reward her too much when she does eat. We really want to make sure she grows up with a healthy perspective on food and we also want to teach her to eat healthful foods right away.
I get so excited to watch her chew her foods and enjoy the flavors dancing on her tongue. She is a great little eater now... that's something I never thought I'd say! I know this may just be a phase and that next week I may have my finicky little girl back, but I'm enjoying every minute of this new found appetite and zest for trying new foods!
No comments:
Post a Comment